The Murcia Water District (MWD), Murcia, Negros Occidental was created by virtue of a Sangguniang Bayan Resolution No. 2005 – 138. It was issued a Conditional Certificate of Conformance (CCC) No. 611 dated February 11, 2006 by the Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA).
In January 2006, LWUA prepared a Program of Work (POW) in order to prepare a detailed design on the proposed improvements for the study area and to come up with the most economical long term source of water.
In October 2008, Murcia Water District became fully operational and had an existing water source, the Boro Boro Spring located at Brgy. Alegria, Murcia, Negros Occidental. Presently, Murcia Water District covers the following barangays:
To promote better quality of life by providing adequate, safe and potable water in the community.
To properly develop and manage water sources and resources and help in the preservation of the environment.
The Murcia Water District envisions itself to be the premier water utility in the province, committed to provide quality, sufficient and affordable water supply through an honest and efficient service.
We, the Officers and Staff of the Murcia Water District, do hereby pledge and commit ourselves to:
- Solve consumer’s water supply related problems;
- Provide clean, adequate and potable water;
- Explore and formulate new procedures for the improvement of our service;
- Educate our staff for prompt and knowledgeable delivery of our services;
- Deliver prompt and efficient service to our valued consumers, Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm;
- Conduct our business in a courteous and ethical manner;
- Continue committing ourselves to serve you.